Friday, August 31, 2012

The Gods of Mars

The Gods of Mars
by Edgar Rice Burroughs

This is the second book in the John Carter of Mars series. It follows the story of John Carters return to Mars. 

When I began this book I was excited to find out what became of John Carter. If you have seen the movie, this book starts right where the movie ended. He meets several new creatures in this book and I though the story was very interesting. 

I have to admit that the constant fighting and killing started getting a little old. I'm not sure how John Carter is still alive. He seems to be able to face thousands of enemies and keep going. There were numerous times that he would despair that he was about to die and then by some miraculous feat he was able to win the fight. I think that guys might like this book more then I did... if they like action packed fight scenes. I honestly started skimming the scenes where killing was involved which is actually the majority of the book.

Of course this story ended with a cliff hanger so now I have to read the next book to find out what happens next. Despite all the fighting I actually enjoyed the plot and I really do want to find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment