Thursday, August 9, 2012

National Book Lovers Day

Today is National Book Lovers Day. I guess there is a day for just about everything!

So in honor of book lovers everywhere I thought I'd share one of my all time favorites.

Little Women
by Louisa May Alcott
This is one of the few books that I have read more then twice. I adore this story so much that I wrote my senior english paper in College about it. That was longest and easiest paper I ever wrote.
I adore the characters and love what the book represents. Lousia May Alcott, in my opinion, was ahead of her times. She created a world where girls could define who they were, instead of a world defined by who they could marry.
This story makes me cry, laugh, smile and dream. I truly think this a book all girls should read!

I loved this film too. They did a great job turning the book into a movie. And despite that fact that Christian Bale is most famous for his role as Batman, I will always think of him as Laurie!
So what is your favorite book?

No comments:

Post a Comment