Sunday, August 12, 2012

Mistborn

Mistborn
by Brandon Sanderson

This book has been on my To be read list for a while. A few weekends ago I came across it at a garage sale and I was so excited to finally have a copy in my hands.

I loved this book. I love fantasy in general but I feel like there was something special about this story. It reminded me of when I first fell in love with Fantasy writing while reading The Belgariad series by David Eddings.

Just like those novels I became completely attached to these characters. There was so much depth to this book. I'm pretty sure he could have written an entire novel around each of these characters. That's what I love about these types of Fantasy, there is so much history behind each character, which makes the story that much more intriguing.

The world he creates in this book is so different then any other fantasy novel I have read. Instead of blue skies and green trees, the land is barren and ash falls from the sky. It is ruled by the Lord Ruler, who is an immortal and powerful man who has brutally oppressed the Skaa workers for a thousand years. The story follows a group of Skaa thieves who join together to attempt to overthrow him.

I loved the idea of allomancy and found it to be fascinating. With allomancy a person uses metals to give him or her special abilities. It was a very cool idea.I loved the unique feel of this book.

I didn't want to put it down and as soon as I was finished, I got onto my Library's website and put the next book on hold.

 I can't wait to read it.  I hope it is as good as this one was. 


No comments:

Post a Comment