Monday, July 30, 2012

The Red Pyramid


The Red Pyramid
by Rick Riordan

I loved this book. It is by the same author who wrote the Percy Jackson series. I've heard complaints that this Kane Chronicle series isn't as good because of the double narrative style of story telling. I have no complaints... I liked they way the story was told.

This story uses Egyptian Mythology and follows two young siblings, who discover that their father is a egyptian magician and are forced to learn what type of abilities run in their family. Having lived apart for years they must come together, after a spell their father cast goes amiss to stop the chaos that follows.

I thought the story line was just as fascinating as the Percy Jackson Series. I think I may even like it a little more. I looked forward to reading it every chance I got. I really enjoy Rick Riordan's writing style.  Sadie and Carter act just the way siblings should and I love the snarky comments and genuine concern that develop between these two.

I don't know what else I can say expect that this was an excellent book and I can't wait to read the rest!

1 comment:

  1. I've got the 3rd book waiting for me to get to--I'm excited! I like the storyline, but I'm one who is a little bugged by the double narration in these books. It gets less annoying as the series goes on, though, so that's gotta say something! :)

    ReplyDelete