Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bitterblue

Bitterblue
by Kristin Cashore

I was completely enthralled by this book. This was one of those stories that pulled me in so deep that I couldn't seem to get enough. I loved that character of Bitterblue and I cared so much what happened to her and her friends. I really felt like I understood what she was going through. Kristin Cashore has an amazing way of bring a fantastical world alive.

This is the sequel to Graceling and a companion to Fire. I read both these books so long ago that honestly I couldn't remember all that happened or the characters that well but that didn't stop me from enjoying this book. It did make me want to reread both those books so that I could remember the past events that Bitterblue kept referring to better. Plus, I would have liked to remember more about the characters from those books that also played a role in this story. (maybe I will have to reread all three again...)

For those of you who have read one of the first two books, this story follows the daughter of the King Leck as she tries to bring peace to a kingdom torn apart by the terrible deeds of her father. I definitely think this story is meant for the older young adult crowd ( ha ha. I just looked at this sentence and wondered if older young adult even made sense but I'm sure you know what I mean). Some terrible things happen that I think takes a certain maturity to understand.  There were also a couple sexual references but nothing graphic or descriptive.

Anyway, if you haven't had the chance to read these books yet you should give them a chance. I really love this fantasy world that Kristin Cashore has created!

No comments:

Post a Comment