Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Grand Tour

It has been a while and I feel like I have been neglecting this blog but the Truth is that have have just been too busy to get much reading done. How sad is that? We have been busy the last 2 weeks packing and cleaning and moving and I am exhausted now!

I did get one book read. Of course it took me a weeks to finish (I had to check it out of the Library twice to finish it) but here it is:

The Grand Tour
by Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermer

This is the Sequel to The Enchanted Chocolate Pot which I read and enjoyed a while back. This follows the same two girls but now they are married to their beaus from the firsts book. In this story they go on a tour of Europe for their honeymoon and find themselves once again mixed up in magic and intrigue. Like the first book, this was writing through the correspondence of two authors who wrote this book by exchanging latters. really a pretty cool way to write a book.

I dd not enjoy this book as much as the first one. I think I may have liked it better if I had read it right after finishing the first book. It had been too long and did not remember as much about the characters as I should have. The story was written in such a way that you had to be very familiar with their different character attributes (all things you discover about them in the first book) to understand some of the interactions between the different characters.

It took a really long time for the story to go anywhere. I thought the last few chapters where the most interesting part of the entire book and I wish the rest of the book would have been more like those chapters. The story just took way too long for me to read.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Enchanted Chocolate Pot and really didn't like the second one. I think there's a third one that I only got about 20 pages into before I couldn't read it anymore. Sad when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw there was a third book and almost checked it out the same day. Now I'm glad I didn't. I don't think I could have made it through a third book!

      Delete