Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Son of Neptune

The Son of Neptune
by Rick Riordan

This is the second book the the Heroes of Olympus Series, the follow up to the Percy Jackson series. 
Once again, I really enjoyed reading about Percy Jackson. This story was full of adventures, new monsters, and new friendships. I liked it just as much as the last one.

This one follows Percy Jackson, who has lost his memories, as he discovers Camp Jupiter and helps them in their quest to stop the Giants. 

I liked the new characters he meets and there are a couple things that make me think there is more to come about their pasts in future books. I always like when a book makes me guess what the future may hold and make me want to try to figure out what secrets from the past are still hidden.

The story does end somewhat abruptly. They complete their quest and then they are going to meet the Heroes from Camp Half blood and the story ends. It will be interesting to see if the next story will take off from that point or if it will go back a few months and follow Camp Half blood to the point they are about to meet Camp Jupiter. I'm excited to see how this story plays out but it looks like I will have to wait a while since the next book doesn't come out until October.


No comments:

Post a Comment