Friday, May 25, 2012

Mysteries

Which books sparked your love of a good mystery? Here are a few of mine.



The Boxcar Children
by Gertrude Chandler Warner
This are some of the first mysteries I remember reading. They are really fun and the perfect books to introduce the Mystery Genre to children. I loved reading about these four children who will do anything to stay together.

style="border: none !important; margin: 0px !important;" width="1" />
Nancy Drew
by Carolyn Keene
I was immediately drawn to these books when they were first introduce to me. It was great to have a smart female role model to read about in a book. It shows young girls everywhere that it can be cool to be smart!

And Then There Were None
By Agatha Christie

This is a classic and it  was my first Adult Mystery Novel. I read it when I was in High School and I loved it. I'm pretty sure that I was hooked to Mysteries after I read this book. Ten strangers are brought to an Island and then they start dying. Who brought them there to kill them? 
And Finally:


The Westing Game
by Ellen Raskin

Did anyone else love this book as much as I did? I read it at least twice when I was in high school. I loved the story about a group of people brought together in an apartment complex to solve of murder of a Millionaire. They are read his will and charged to solve his murder by following the clues. I loved trying to solve the clues along with the characters. This should be considered a classic for all teens to read. It is an amazing example of Mystery writing.

I love mysteries! 
How about you?


1 comment:

  1. I LOVED The Boxcar Children and Nancy Drew books! Even the Hardy Boys, too. I haven't read the other ones, but mystery is my favorite genre, or was until I started reading Young Adult books. My all time favorite mystery author is Mary Higgins Clark. I pretty much have a whole shelf on my bookshelf full of her books.

    ReplyDelete