Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Children's Book Week

It is Children's Book Week.

I decided to participate by sharing some favorites from my childhood.

I know I have shared some in the past so here are a few more to add to my list. I really have a hard time narrowing it down to one favorite!


Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
by Judi Barrett

I loved reading this book as a kid. It is fun, creative story and now it is a movie.  

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
by Judith Viorst

I can still relate to this story some times. Some days are just no good!


Cassie's Magic Flowers: The Story of Calico Crossings
by Nan Roloff

This was my favorite book to read when we visited my grandparents. I've never seen it anywhere else.
I loved how everything starts black and white and eventually becomes colorful.

 Where the Wild Things Are
by Maurice Sendak

This is a classic. Great pictures and great story. The author of this story just recently passed away. I'm sure that many, many people will remember this book fondly!

What was your favorite childhood book?


No comments:

Post a Comment