Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Looking Glass Wars

The Looking Glass Wars
by Frank Beddor

I really enjoyed reading this re-imagnation of Alice in Wonderland. The fantastical world of Wonderland comes to life in this story.

 I loved that little things through out the book reminded me of the original story. But at the same time this story is completely unique. It takes the characters you know and puts a whole new spin on them.

This story is definitely aimed for the older kids. There is lots of fighting and killing in the War against Redd. But I did not find it to be too graphic even though a few people loss their heads.

Even though this is the first book in a series it has a satisfactory ending and doesn't leave any major cliffhangers, which I was happy about. Sometimes it is nice to finish a book with out feeling the need to rush out and find the next book so that you can find out what happens to everyone. 

At the same time there are plenty of openings for a continuation of the story. I enjoyed this book so I will definitely read the next book. 

If you are looking for a unique story you should read this story about Alyss and her adventures in Wonderland!


1 comment:

  1. I really liked this book when I read it a few years ago. The second one...not so much. I like that this one doesn't feel like a jumping-off book for a new series and can stand on its own as a complete story. I loved this unique telling of "Alice in Wonderland!" Glad you liked it, too! :)

    ReplyDelete