Thursday, March 29, 2012

This is Halloween

I know, I know, it is the wrong time of the year to be talking about Halloween. I should be posting about Easter books instead but sometimes you can't control what songs get stuck in your head.


"This is Halloween" from The Nightmare Before Christmas has been in my head all week.
Which is kind of appropriate because my boys just happened to also pick out some Halloween books at the library this week.

Here are a couple cute Halloween books we discovered.

 Spooky, Spooky, Spooky
by Cathy Maclennan

This is a very simple picture book, perfect for younger kids with short attention spans. The pictures are great and the rhymes are short and sweet. 


A Very Brave Witch
by Alison McGhee and Harry Bliss

This is a really cute story about a young witch who decides to face her fear of humans. Just because they are a little different doesn't mean they have to be scary! What a cute little message and the pictures are delightful. I need to remember this book when Halloween actually comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment