Sunday, March 18, 2012

Everwild

Everwild
by Neal Shusterman

This is the second book in the Skinjacker Trilogy which follows a group of kids in Everlost, a place where kids go who die but for some reason don't make it to the light. This book contains many of the same characters from the first book but they have figured out their purpose for being in Everlost. One wants to keep all the children safely in Everlost and one wants to help all the children find their way to where they are going. They both feel like they are doing what is right and that the other person is doing a terrible wrong so they feel they must try to stop them.  I won't say much more for those who have not finished the first book yet.

Although this was not as good as the first book, I still really enjoyed it. It was fun seeing what the different characters do with their abilities. There were a couple kids I was excited to read more about, Nick and The McGill. I really liked them in the first book so I was happy to read what becomes of them. I kind of wished that there was more of them in this book. 

There were a couple twist that I didn't see coming which always makes for an interesting story. The idea that someone would be willing to do such terrible things because they believed so strongly that their cause was the right one was interesting. It definitely makes you think about the actions of people and how they can sometimes use "good" reasons to justify doing terrible things.

I am very interested to see how this trilogy comes to its conclusion. I know who I am rooting for. 


3 comments:

  1. I really loved "Everlost," and I've got these next two books sitting in a stack to read. Hopefully I can muddle through the book I'm reading right now and get to these soon! I really love The McGill and am anxious to see what becomes of him. I hope the next two books are as exciting as the first one! I love this little book blog of yours--I always get excited when I see that you've updated it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the first book and it is always nice to hear that someone enjoys reading this blog.

      Delete
    2. And thanks for all your comments!

      Delete