Thursday, February 9, 2012

Nostalgia


 I really want to see this movie, War Horse.

Even though I haven't seen it yet, just watching the previews make me think of one of my all time favorites, Black Beauty by Anna Sewell.



 I don't know if you can even make comparisons between these to stories but for some reason every time I see a poster or preview for this movie I think of my favorite character from Black Beauty,  Captain the Army Horse. 

I adored Captian because he was the first character from the book I was ever introduce to. I've loved animals my entire life and many of the books I read growing up involved animals. One of my favorite books was a collection of Animal stories which contain excerpts from various novels. Selections from Classics like Moby Dick, Call of the Wild and Wind in the Willows. The selection from Black Beauty was the chapter where Captain tells his story about being an Army Horse. His story will forever be with me now.

This is the main reason that I think of Black Beauty every time I see War Horse advertised. It brings back good memories. If you haven't read the book before you should. It is a beautifully written book.

Oh and the Movie is great too. Well, I haven't seen it in years but I remember liking when I was younger. I'm sure I would still enjoy watching it now.



What things make you nostalgic?

No comments:

Post a Comment