Friday, February 3, 2012

Everlost


Everlost
by Neal Shusterman

I think I may have found my new favorite young adult author. I loved this book and I can not wait to read the next one in the series.

This story follows two young people who die in a car crash but bump into each other and end up in a world between life and death, called Everlost. They must come to terms with their deaths and learn all they can about the world they have become a part.

I loved the concept of this book. It was such a unique and interesting story. I found myself trying to figure out the world of Everlost,  along with the characters. Even though I guessed the truth behind some of the other kids lost there, I still enjoyed every moment of this story. 

I love Neal Shusterman's style of writing and he really as a knack for coming up stories that have unique and thought provoking ideas.  I don't want to give to much of the story away but I loved how the kids appearances change based on how they remembered themselves. That was such a fascinating idea to me.

This was a really fun book to read. Yup, that's right, a book about two kids dying in a car crash was fun to read.That may sound strange but you should give this series a try. There are so many great characters  with lots of personality, which always makes for a good read.

This first book was great and I'm excited to see what happens next to the characters. I can tell it's going to be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment