Friday, November 11, 2011

Sarah's Quilt

Sarah's Quilt
By Nancy E. Turner

This is the sequel to These is My Words and continues the story of Sarah Prine. It is a little different from the first book because it all transpires over a 6 month period instead of 20 years. It is less like a diary and more like a story. 

I am so glad that I read this book right after the first one. I couldn't put this one down and I was happy that it ended on a more positive note. Don't get me wrong, there were still plenty of sad moments in this story. As I said in my previous post, I really love the character of Sarah Prine. I don't know if I would have been as strong and resilient as she was, if I lived in Arizona in 1906. I shed a few tears for her because life was so tough back then and the trials she faced were terrible.

I think that I was able to get into this story so much faster and finished it so much quicker was due to the fact that time frame was so much shorter. The story really capture my attention and I couldn't stop reading because I just had to see what happened next. It is one of those story where you can tell that there is more going on and you spend every page hoping this is the moment where they figure it out. (At least that is what I do.) 

I really enjoyed the love story from the first book and was afraid that I would miss that in this book, but I found so many more things to love about this book that I didn't miss it has much as I thought.

This is a great book. If you are planning on reading These is My Words, I would definitely read this book soon after. It is a great addition to her story.



No comments:

Post a Comment