Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Five Love Languages

The Five Love Languages
by Gary Chapman

This book is different from the type of books I usually post about but I thought it was worth a post.

A friend of mine let me borrow this book and I am really glad I read it. I though it was a great way to examine they way you express love to others and they way you would like others to express love to you.
This can apply to not only your significant other but your children, friends and family members.

Reading this book made me realize that while I appreciate all forms of love expressions, there are definitely ways that are more important to me. It also helped me realize that these might not coincide with my husband's love language. I want to make a better effort at expressing love to my husband in the way he appreciates it the most.

I thought this was a great book for helping to build strong and loving relationships. I really appreciated the different suggestions he gives at the end of each chapter. I'm definitely going to try a few of them in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment