Thursday, November 3, 2011

Booking Through Thursday

This weeks Booking through Thursday Question:

All other thing being equal, would you rather read a book that’s hard/challenging/rewarding or light/enjoyable/easy?

I find hard/challenging books to be just as enjoyable and rewarding as reading light/easy books. What is going on in my life at the time really determines which type of book I choose to read.

For example, if I've worked a long day at work or am tired out from taking care of my kids all day, I need something light and easy to relax. I don't want something I have to think too hard about. I just want to escape into a good book. Also if I don't have a lot of time to read, a 30 minutes at lunch time or an hour before bedtime, then something light and easy if perfect. At this point in my life I often choose the easier books because taking care of my children requires so much of my time and energy.

 If I have more time to devote to reading then I will give something more challenging a try.  More challenging books are definitely easier for me to read if I don't have distractions around me. I am sure when my kid are in school and I have a little more free time for myself, I will be able to read those more challenging books more often. Right?


1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts! For me as well, it really does depend on what I am going through. I don't want to have to sit down and struggle through reading a hard book after I've had a particularly busy or stressful day.

    ReplyDelete