Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Lightning Thief

Percy Jackson & The Olympians, Book 1: The Lightning Thief
by Rick Riordan

I have been meaning to read this series for awhile. My husband started reading this book a few weeks ago so once he finished, it was the perfect opportunity for me to read it.

I enjoyed this book. It is about a young boy who discovers that his father is one of the greek Gods and who must then discover what kind of Hero he will become. It was a very entertaining story. I liked the characters and it made me want to brush up on my greek mythology.

This is a children's book and the writing is definitely geared towards the tween crowd (9-12 year olds). I think this would be a great book for kids who don't like to read as much. It is exciting and a full of adventures. I always like books that can help get more kids reading.

My husband has already started book 2, so I am sure I will read it when he has finished. Or maybe I will get some reading time in while he is at work. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I read this whole series last summer while watching O swim in the pool! I loved it. I started his next series a couple of months ago--it's similar to Percy Jackson except it involves Egyptian gods, which is interesting. Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete