Thursday, October 20, 2011

Booking Through Thursday- Vacation

This week's question:

Do your reading habits change when you’re on vacation? Do you read more? Do you indulge in lighter, fluffier books than you usually read? Do you save up special books so you’ll be able to spend real vacation time with them? Or do you just read the same old stuff, vacation or not?

It depends on what kind of vacation I am going on. Some vacations I have more time to read. Like my family vacation at the cabin last month. The kids had other people to play with and I had a little more free time to spend how ever I wanted, thus I had more time to read.

On the other hand, if we go on a big trip to a place like Disneyland, we spend all day playing and entertaining our kids. Usually by the time we get home I am too tired to do much of anything. Not much reading gets done on those types of vacations.

I don't read anything special or different on vacation. What ever happens to be next on my list or lying around my house.


3 comments:

  1. that's a good point - depending on what type of vacation on how much reading can get done...

    Trish - My BTT Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, some vacations don't really allow for much reading time.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/10/booking-through-thursday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way. I read whatever is next on my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete