Thursday, October 6, 2011

Booking Through Thursday- Odd

Here is this weeks question:

What’s the oddest book you’ve ever read? Did you like it? Hate it? Did it make you think?

This was a hard question for me. The definition of what a person finds odd could mean so many different things.

 A few different books came to mind for me. Some I liked, others I didn't.

The first book I thought of was Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka. A book about a man who turns into a cockroach, it doesn't get much odder then that. I remember reading this for a summer reading assignment and thinking that it was very strange story. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.

Another book that came to mind was Wicked by Gregory Maguire. I thought that the entire story was bizarre. I just didn't get it and ended up hating the book. I know it is really popular but I don't understand the appeal.

The Last book  I think is odd, but in a good way, is The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galazy by Douglas Adams . This book combines some of my favorite things,  British humor and Sci Fi. I thought that this book was hilarious and loved all the odd twist and turns the story took. There were so many funny little things in this book that I just loved. My favorite was the chronically depressed robot, Marvin. I loved that character.

What kind of books do you find Odd?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these but I did see The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.... I didn't really understand it but I have to say that it was funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I thought the movie was funny to. I loved Alan Rickman as the voice of Marvin.

    ReplyDelete