Thursday, October 27, 2011

Booking Through Thursday- Hard



BTT Question:

What’s the hardest/most challenging book you’ve ever read? Was it worth the effort? Did you read it by choice or was it an assignment/obligation?

I think the two most challenging books I have read are The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas and  David Copperfield by Charles Dickens


The Three Musketeers took me a long time get through. The story was slow moving but I was determined to finish it. I love the movie and really wanted to read the book. I ended up liking it so I am glad I finished it, I just wished the story line moved a little faster. Maybe it was such a difficult read because it was translated from French?

David Copperfield, as with many of the classics, was hard to read because of the language. Even though it is English, the writing is so different from how we talk today it is sometimes difficult to understand what they are talking about. I read it because I really enjoy reading classics and wanted to try one of Dickens' books. I did end up really liking the story and I think I will try some more of Dickens' novels in the near future. You can read my review of the book Here

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read either ones of those... I couldn't think of an answer this week so I didn't post a BTT... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy Dickens for the stories he presents, but his writing can be difficult. I haven't read "The Three Musketeers"... not sure I'm up for it!

    ReplyDelete