Thursday, September 1, 2011

Booking Through Thursday-Stormy Weather

This weeks BBT:


What’s your book with weather events? Hurricanes? Tornadoes? Blizzards? Real? Fiction? Doesn’t matter … weather comes up a lot in books, so there’s got to be a favorite somewhere, huh?


The very first thing that popped into my mind was Pride and Prejudice. You know the scene. It is pouring rain and Mr. Darcy admits he is in Love with Miss Elizabeth, against his better judgement. Sigh.. I love that story and that scene is one of my absolute favorites.

And Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy, in the rain, declaring his love... Yeah, It doesn't get much better then that. ♥


4 comments:

  1. That's right. Never read the book, but remember it from the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice! I haven't read the book yet! New follower!

    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. i sooo very much agree! i love that scene. nothing says love, like rain confessions! i also like the rain scene in 'four weddings and a funeral'! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    I love the 1995 BBC production of Pride and Prejudice too. Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle were oh so perfect!

    ReplyDelete