Thursday, September 29, 2011

Booking Through Thursday- Loud

Here is this week's Booking Through Thursday Question:

1. What do you think of reading aloud/being read to? Does it bring back memories of your childhood? Your children’s childhood?
2. Does this affect the way you feel about audio books?
3. Do you now have times when you read aloud or are read to?

1) I think reading aloud to others is great. I think it is especially important for children to hear their parents or other adult figures read aloud to them. It sets a great example for them and hopefully instills a greater desire to read and learn.

 My fourth grade teacher read books aloud to us weekly (maybe even daily, it's been to long, I can't remember anymore) and I thought it was great. Sometimes she read short stories like the Serendipity books and other times she read longer stories like The Black Stallion and A Taste of Blackberries. To this day I still have a collection of Serendipity books that I started collecting after hearing them read to me by my teacher.

2) This doesn't effect the way I feel about audio books. I don't often listen to books. Maybe on a long road trip. I think they could be great if you had a long commute because there is rarely anything worth listening to on the radio in the morning.
But Honestly I enjoy reading my books. I think I get through them faster. 

3)  I love reading to my kids and I do it often. I want them to love books as much as I do. Now my 3 year old likes to "read" stories to me to and I love it!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading to my daughter too..... but she also like to listen to books on tape at the library because she can turn the pages when ever she wants to. It's super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete