Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
By Lisa See

As I mentioned in my previous post I really love this Genre. There is just something about learning about different cultures that I find fascinating.  

I became completely enthralled by the story of Lily and Snow Flower. The author has done a great job of creating a story which brings the characters alive. The story telling creates a vivid image of what their world was like making it easy to understand who they were. They live in a world where the rules dictating their lives were rigid. Despite living in an era where daughters were not treated the same as sons and often were looked upon as a burden to their families, they were able to discover how important love is and the important role they played in others lives.  I couldn't put the book down and was excited to follow them through the different stages of their lives. 

This was a really touching story of friendship and love. Their were so many interesting details about their lives and the rules that dictated their actions.

I really enjoyed this book and I am glad that I "discovered" it at a garage sale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment