Friday, August 12, 2011

Book Beginnings on Friday


This weeks Book Beginning:

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
by Jane Austin and Seth Grahame-Smith

I thought that this book sounded like a fun idea. Here is the opening line:

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains."


Interesting twist on the opening line of Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice. Still not sure whether I'm going to like this new take on one of my favorite stories. At least this sentence gives me and idea of how they are going to fit zombies into this classic.

Looking for some more ideas, you can read other book beginnings at a Few More Pages.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this for sale years ago and thought it'd be a fun read...I didn't buy it though, and every time I've been back to look for it again they haven't had it! :( this has just reinforced my suspicions that it's something I'd love to read for a bit of fun, if I ever come across another copy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept hearing about this book so when I found it at the library I just had to check it out! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete