Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Birthday Soup

The other night I was really tired and just not feeling up to reading a bedtime story. One of those nights when my head is pounding and the thought of looking at writing on a page makes me cringe. I asked my son if he would read me a story instead and he was happy to oblige. He is only 3 and doesn't read yet so it is always fun when he "reads" me a story.

He chose the story "Birthday Soup" from the Little Bear collection by Else Holmelund Minarik.


Remember reading those when you were younger? I do.
Honestly, now that I'm all grown up, they are not my favorite stories but my son absolutely adores this collection of stories about Little Bear.

"Birthday Soup" is his favorite. It was so cute to listen to him tell the story. he asks me to read it almost everyday so it was not surprising that he had most of the lines memorized.

It put a smile on my face and my poor head sure did appreciate it.



No comments:

Post a Comment