Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Required Reading

Remember all the books we were required to read in school? Some I really enjoyed, others not so much.

I was looking through my cousin's books the other day ( he is 14) and it reminded me of some of my favorites from grade school.

Maniac Magee
by Jerry Spinelli

I remember really liking this one. I think maybe it is time to read it again to see if I still enjoy it.

Bridge to Terabithia
by Katherine Paterson

This story really stuck with me. It is an emotional tale of a young boy dealing with a tragic circumstance.


 Tuck Everlasting
by Natalie Babbitt

Remember when this movie came out? This is another book I remember  reading in school and liking.


 A Wrinkle in Time
by Madeleine L'Engle

I remember having a hard time getting through this book the first time I read it but still enjoying the story. I read it again a few years later and enjoyed it even more.


What books do you remember reading and enjoying in elementary school?

No comments:

Post a Comment