Thursday, July 28, 2011

Booking Through Thursday

BTT's Question of the Week:


What’s the latest you’ve ever stayed up reading a book? Is staying up late reading a usual thing for you?

During the summer, when I was a teenager, I would stay up late to finish a book. Sometimes until 3 am or later. I remember staying up on many occasions to finish one of the books in David Eddings' Belgariad and Mallorian series. I loved those books.

But  now that I am older I need my sleep. I'm one of those people who becomes very grumpy and hard to live with if I don't get my 8 hours of sleep each night. So I don't often read late into the night anymore. Unless I just can't put the book down...

 I would still consider myself more of a night owl, then a morning person. It has been hard for me to adjust to going to bed earlier so I can wake up early with my kids. My youngest often gets up at 6:30 or earlier, way too early for me! My husband is a night owl too, so we often don't go to bed until close to midnight.

Last week I ended up staying up way past midnight to read the latest Kathy Reich book I was working on. I couldn't stop thinking about it when I was trying to go to bed so I finally gave up, got out of bed and read a "few" more chapters. Boy did I regret it the next day when I had to get up for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment