Thursday, July 7, 2011

Booking Through Thursday


Since my dog is turning 10 today … what animal-related books have you read? Which do you love? Do you have a favorite literary dog? (Snoopy, anyone?)


Does anyone remember the book Ribsy by Beverly Clearly? About a dog who gets lost and the adventure that follows? I really liked that book when I was a kid.

I have loved animals for as long as I can remember and so it is not surprising that even as a kid I was drawn to stories involving animals. I am an RVT (Registered Veterinary Technician) after all.


 I have read some of The Cat Who series by Lilian Jackson Braun, I read most of James Herriot, Lots of horse stories like The Black Stallion by Walter Farley, Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. Seriously the list could go on and on.


 Other animal relate books that I have read in recent years: , Marley and Me  by John Grogan, The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks, Watership Down by Richard Adams, The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein, Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.


Can't really decide which animal-related book is my favorite. What I do know is that I sure do love a good animal story.

3 comments:

  1. I don't remember Ribsy so much although I did read all her books. I remember Ralph S. Mouse and Stuart Little though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about Ralph S. Mouse. I loved the mouse and the Motorcycle. Great Book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Beverly Cleary books growing up. I can't wait to read them to my daughters. I'm a sucker for a good animal story, too, though I have to agree with Gordan Korman's book No More Dead Dogs. I can't handle Where the Red Fern Grows and Old Yeller. Good, but sooooo sad!

    ReplyDelete