Friday, July 15, 2011

Book Beginnings on Friday


This week I am reading another book by Kathy Reichs, 206 Bones.


Here are the first few lines:


"Cold.
Numb.
Confused.
I open my eyes.
To dark. Black as arctic winter.
Am I dead?"


I am already familiar with the character, Tempe Brennan, since I have ready a few of these books already so I am immediately draw into the story. What is happening to her, what kind of danger has she found herself in now, what forensic case has brought danger to her  and how is she going to get out? This opening creates so many questions for me and the only way to figure out just exactly what is going on is to read more!

Thanks to Katy at a Few More Pages for hosting this meme.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love that opening! Wish I could keep reading on now, like you can...! :)

    ReplyDelete