Wednesday, July 20, 2011

206 Bones


206 Bones
by Kathy Reichs

I always seem to forget how much I enjoy the Temperance Brennan novels until I pick one up again to read. I really enjoy Kathy Reichs style of writing.

This may be my favorite of her novels that I have read so far. It drew me right in and I kept me up late at night. I had to force myself to put it down and go to bed since I had work in the morning. No sleep and I  don't mesh well. 

I was pretty sure what certain characters were up to and kept waiting for Tempe to finally figure it out. It  was like watching a film and the villain is sneaking up on the victim and you want to yell at her to turn around. It was definitely suspenseful, which I love.

I have also started noticing some similarities to the TV show Bones that I really didn't pay attention to before because the characters and settings for the novels are so different from the show. Things that are similar: her relationship with the detective she works the cases with, her nonsense approach, and the way she interacts with others. 

I really enjoyed this read. Couldn't put it down. Always a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment