Thursday, June 23, 2011

Booking through Thursday

A weekly meme about books and reading.



What, if any, kind of music do you listen to when you’re reading? (Given a choice, of course!)

I don't listen to music very often when I read. I don't have a type of music I listen to when I read. When I do my choice of music is often determined by my children. Many times I read when my son is watching his favorite TV show Mickey Mouse Clubhouse so any music I hear is from that.

Really I can read with just about any type of music on and I can even happily read while the TV is on especially if the show my husband is watching doesn't interest me very much. I still like spending time with him so I don't like to go hide in our bedroom just so that I can read in peace. I am really good at tuning the noise out.

When I was younger I sometimes wouldn't hear mom my ask me to do something. When I'm reading a really good book, I literally shut out the world and become immersed in what I am reading. I don't notice  the noise going on around me. 





1 comment: