Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Fires of Jubilee

The Fires of Jubilee: Nat Turner's Fierce Rebellion
by Stephen B. Oates

I have always loved History. I find it fascinating. Some of my favorite books are Historical fiction. Novels based around a specific culture and time period.

This book is not a Fictional novel. It is a Biography of Nate Turner written by a historian who wanted to explore his life and what lead to his Rebellion.

I don't often read Non- fiction but sometimes I come across one that peaks my interest. My husband was actually assigned this book for his History class and I picked it up because I wanted to know what it was about.

I thought the author did a great job of portraying the life of the southern slave owner and the life of their slaves. It was a very interesting read. I don't remember learning about him in school and I learned a lot about that era from this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment