Monday, April 11, 2011

The Art of Racing in the Rain


The Art of Racing in the Rain
by Garth Stein


This book was recommended to me by one of the Veterinarians I used to work with. It is written from the perspective a the dog and I found his insight to be very interesting.

For me this book had a little bit of a slow start and it took me a few chapters to really get interested in the story. I found it to be a little crude during certain parts of the story but I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that it was a dog describing what he was seeing. There was also some strong language in the novel.

Once I got past the beginning I started to really enjoy the book. It is a story about loss and the struggle to keep a family together. The main character loses his wife and then has to fight to keep custody of his daughter. I really got caught up in the story and really liked reading how the dog perceived the events transpiring around him. His view of the world was so honorable and truthful. I wish we could all view the world and people around us with a little more "dog" like loyalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment