Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wait Till Helen Comes




Wait Till Helen Comes
by Mary Downing Hahn

Do you remember the first book you read as a child that opened your eyes to a whole new world of stories?

This first books that I truly remember doing that for me was The BFG, by Roald Dahl.

The second book that got me interested in an entire new set of books was Wait Till Helen Comes by Mary Downing Hahn.

I can't remember how old I was when I first read this book. I guess my memory isn't that great but I was probable in 4th or 5th grade. Every year the school library had a book sale and I remember seeing this book displayed on one of the tables. It caught my interest so I decided to buy it.

Thus began my interest in Ghost stories. This book still remains one of my favorite ghost stories. It is spooky, mysterious and suspenseful. It has been years ( I wont say how many) since I read this book and I can still vividly remember the scariest moment in the story. I loved every minute of this book. It contains everything a great Ghost story should have.

After reading this book I couldn't stop reading Ghost stories. I read more of Mary Downing Hahn's, I read R. L. Stine Fear Street novels,  I read Christopher Pike, I read Betty Ren Wright's Stories. Really anything I could find.

What kinds of books did you enjoy reading when you were a kid?

No comments:

Post a Comment