Monday, February 28, 2011

What I have been reading

Just Finished:




Grave Secrets
by Kathy Reichs

 My husbands grandmother lent me four of these books and this was the fourth one I read. I just finished it and enjoyed just as much as the last three. These really are great crime dramas.

On my Kindle


Jane Eyre
By Charlotte Bronte

I am reading this book right now for three reasons:
1) It is a classic so it is free on my Kindle.
2) I have been itching to read it again ever since I heard they were making this book into a new movie.
3) I love this story, but I am pretty sure I have already mentioned that before.

From the Library:



The other day I was at the Library and the first three books of the Mortal Instruments were available.  I enjoyed the first book so much, I decided to snatch up the next two books while they were both sitting on the self waiting for someone to check them out.

I am about halfway through this book and so far I am liking it just as much as the first book. Stay tuned for my final thoughts.


On a side note I just wanted to say how exciting it is to go to the Library and find books that I have been wanting to read. I have a long list of books that I have been trying to get through but I don't want to spend a lot of money on books.  As many people will attest, budgets are tight these days. That being said, the books I want are often not available so I get really excited when I find a few I have been searching for. I often check out more books then I really have time for but I'm afraid if I don't check them out right then, the next time I go to the Library they won't be there anymore.

I know I can place my name on the hold list for a book and the Library will save it for me but last time I did that they forgot to tell me the book had arrived so I never got it. Then they tried to charge me a restock fee for not picking up the book. Now I am afraid to try again. I think that eventually I will have to try it again if I want to be able to check out some of the books on my list.

For now I will just keep going to the Library and choosing books to read that I find waiting on the self for me to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment