Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The reason I am so picky about Children's book

As I have mentioned before I have a hard time finding Children's books that I can really fall in love with.  The other day I was reading The Napping House, by Audrey and Don Woods, to my children and I realized that these books are the reason why I expect so much from children stories.



Quick as a Cricket
By Audrey  Wood  Illustrated by Don Wood


The Napping House 
By Audrey Wood  Illustrated by Don Wood




The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry and THE BIG HUNGRY BEAR
By Don and Audrey Wood

I loved these books when I was a kid. Especially, The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry and THE BIG HUNGRY BEAR. It was so fun to read about a mouse who didn't want to share his strawberry with the bear.


And guess what? I still love these books. They are everything a good children's book should be.
The stories are fun to read, entertaining for both the child and the Adult. The illustrations are gorgeous! I love, love, love the illustrations. And they are the perfect length. Not to many words, which is one of my biggest complaints about some children's books. 


These really are the perfect children's book in my opinion and so I often find myself comparing other books to these. Not to many books can stand up to these delightful books. So get out there and read these books to your kids, you wont regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment