Monday, February 21, 2011

Jane Austen

I was first introduced to Jane Austen in College. Why it took me that long to discover her books I'm not sure.
I group of us got together and watch the BCC Miniseries Pride and Prejudice and I fell in love with Mr Darcy (Colin Firth).



 Actually, I feel in love with the entire story and decided that I wanted to read some of her books to see if I enjoyed them just as much. Of course I loved them all. I'm pretty sure I have read them all now but I might have missed one along the way.



While Pride and Prejudice remains one of my all time favorites, I would consider her novel Persuasion my favorite of her books. There is just something about the Character of Anne that I love. She is so level headed and practical but she still feels so much affection and attachment to those around her. It is such a great story of true love and second chances.

  What is your favorite Jane Austen Novel?

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading "Persuasion" right now, actually! It's also my favorite Jane Austen story. I just love Anne and Captain Wentworth! I think Anne is the Austen woman I relate to the most.

    I love all of her heroines, with the exception of Emma. I could never get into that one, and I've tried a few times!

    I'm always glad to hear that other people love "Persuasion", too, because I think it gets overlooked too often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorites are Persausion and pride and prejudice. Although I really like Northanger Abbey too. not to many people ever metion that one but I love the follow the mystery. I really love all the movie versions of her books especially Sense and sensibility and Pride and prejudice. I mean who doesn't love Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy?
    I agree Emma is diffucult to read the movie is actually better then the book.But I think my least Favorite is Mansfield park. I could barely finish it. really nothing happens during the first 3/4 of the book. the only reason I could even read it was because I had seen the movie and I knew I would love the ending if I could get to it.

    ReplyDelete