Thursday, February 17, 2011

City of Bones



City of Bones
by Cassandra Clare

Ever read a book that you just couldn't put down? Or stayed up all night reading because you just had to know what happen next?

This book was that type of book for me. I stayed up until 12:30 am last night to finish, which for a mom of two young children is really late! Even though getting up early this morning with the kiddos was tough, it was worth it to find out how the story ended.

I really loved this book.

I  liked all the characters, especially Jace. He is sarcastic and serious but he cares about others and is a true friend. I'm starting to notice a trend here. I always choose the sarcastic characters as my favorite. (Silk from the Belgariad series is a great example of this) I'll admit I tend to be a little sarcastic myself so I can relate to those characters actions and attitudes. ;-)

I thought the story was unique and interesting. I kept wanting to learn more about Clary's history and the world of the Shadowhunters. The story really drew me in and kept my attention.

This was a good supernatural fantasy and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment