Monday, January 3, 2011

Why I haven't posted.

My wonderful Husband got me a Kindle for Christmas. I discovered that all the classics are free to download on it so I immediately went in search of some new books to read. I haven't read any Dickens before ( unless you count the excerpt of Great Expectations that they make you read in High School) so I decided to  choose one of his books. My Friend Kristy mentioned that she enjoyed David Copperfield so that is the one I choose. But because it was on my kindle I did not realize just how long that story is. I have been reading it for over a week now and have only gotten though maybe 1/3 of the story. Dickens seems to take a long time to get to the point of his story. I am determined to finish it  but I think it might take me a while to get through the whole story.

2 comments:

  1. My husband loves Dickins. I'm still undecided. We both read Hard Times a while ago, and it was pretty good. Not terribly long, either, so it doesn't take forever to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me forever to finally finish it, but, when I did I looked back and thought, "Now THAT was a good book." I hope you enjoy til the end!

    ReplyDelete