Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Catering to Nobody

Catering to Nobody

By Diane Mott Davidson


This is one of those mass market murder mystery novels that I would normally not pick up off the shelf. You know, the ones you see filling the shelves at the Grocery store.  I guess I am always unsure if it will be a type a book I would enjoy so I never give them a chance. My mom lent this one to me and I enjoyed reading it. It was a very easy read, which is a nice break from trying to interpret what the characters are talking about in Dickens. I did find the main character's personality to be a little too brusque for me and I found myself wondering why she was always so short-tempered towards others.  I thought this story was engaging but maybe a little too predictable. I did think that some of the recipes sound intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment