Thursday, December 16, 2010

Shiver




Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater


I really enjoyed this book about werewolves. It was a unique telling of the life of a werewolf and a human girl he loves. I like how the author switches between the two characters as she tells the story. It made it more interesting to have the two different view points. 


It did take me a while to get through it. I'm not sure if that was because I wasn't in a reading mood or because the story was a little slow moving. Sometimes I just get into a funk and find it hard to keep reading, which is not always the books fault. What I can say is that I was intrigued by the story right away but it took me a while to really get caught up in the story.

Once may attention was finally captured I couldn't stop reading, which to me is a sign of a good book. Tired of all the vampire books and references out there don't worry no vampires in this story. If you are looking for a good werewolf story go out and read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment