Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Graveyard Book



The Graveyard Book
by Neil Gaiman

This book is about a boy who is raised in a graveyard by ghost. Among the creatures he meets are ghouls, witches, werewolves and perhaps even a vampire. The story contains mystery, intrigue, friendship, deceit and lots of adventure.

I loved this book! It was such a good story. The young boy behaves in exactly the way I would imagine a young boy, raised in a graveyard among ghost, would. I looked forward each day to the times I got a chance to pick up the book and read again. Not an easy task with two young ones to take care of.

I wasn't really surprised that I enjoyed this book so much since I have really like Neil Gaiman's other books, Coraline and Stardust. Both are also good movies, if you are looking for something to watch. I especially love Stardust. His books are so creative and fun to read.



I think this would be a great book to read out loud to my kids someday. I now know a good book that I can read to them, when they out grow picture books.

No comments:

Post a Comment