Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Favorite Classic Novel



The Women in White
by Wilkie Collins


Written in 1859 this is considered by many one of the first Mystery novels. This kind of novel is often called a sensation novel and even Jane Austen makes reference to these type of novels in some of her stories.

I loved this book. It is one of the best victorian novels I have read.
I take that back. It is the best Victorian novel I have read.

I loved every minute of this book. I could not put it down. The intrigue and mystery were captivating. The sinister Count Fosco is great as the villain and the intelligent Marian is the perfect antagonist to his cunning plots.

This is a must read, especially if you enjoy victorian age novels.

Do you have a favorite classic novel?

1 comment:

  1. "David Copperfield" by Charles Dickens. Took me about 2 months to read, but I love every word of it!

    ReplyDelete