Monday, October 4, 2010

The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks


If you are going to choose one Nicholas Sparks book to read this should be the one.

This was by far my favorite of his books. 

The fact that it ends happily for everyone definitely helped but I still cried. For some reason this story really touched me.  There were several times as I was reading that I thought that they were describing me. For some reason I could related to these characters. Not the part about being married for 30 years, kids moved out of the house and feeling like strangers. Just some of the elements of their relationship, their personalities and some of the struggles they faced sounded so familiar. Maybe lots of couples face similar struggles? I'm not sure, but I do know that this book reminded me that we should not take our loved ones for granted and that we should show and tell them how we feel as much as possible. Even if we think that they know how we feel, it is important to tell them. We all want to be told that were loved and sometimes we need reminding.

On a side note, I loved that this book had the main character, Noah, from The Notebook  in it. I already knew his character well from reading the book and watching the movie. I thought that it was really cool that this story was about his children.


So read this book and then tell the person who is most important to you how much you love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment