Friday, October 22, 2010

Bones

One of the shows I enjoy watching is Bones. I find the world of forensics fascinating and the characters entertaining to watch.

Recently I was introduced to the books that inspired the TV series.




Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs is the first book in the series.

As I stated before I don't often read crime dramas but this was a great one. I really like the way she writes and the story kept me enthralled the entire time. I wanted them to solve the case and  found myself getting anxious about them catching the serial killer in time. (in a good way).

Here are a few things you should consider if you are planning on reading this book. This story is about a serial killer, prostitutes, and sex offenders so some of the descriptions can be graphic. The serial killer is very brutal. Also there is some language in this novel so if that bothers you this is not the right book for you.

When compared to the TV series there are some differences. Temperance Brennan's character is not has literal as she is on TV. Also the story is based in Montreal and none of the other characters in the novel were familiar to me.

That being said I really enjoyed the book, although I did get frustrated with the character Tempe Brennan a few times. She kept going out and doing her own detective work with out the police's help. It was kind of like watching a horror flick where the young women goes down into the dark basement alone to check out a noise. Seriously, who does that! You know that they are going to be in danger and you want to yell at them to stop. But I guess that is one of the reasons that this book is so entertaining.

If you like forensics and crime dramas this is an excellent choice. I can't wait to read the next one in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment