Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dear John


I read this book a few years ago, before I grew tired of Nicholas Sparks novels. Seriously, they never end happy. I don't mind a sad ending now and then, but I think I read to many in a row.  I read Message in a Bottle, hated the ending and decided that I wasn't up for reading anymore of his books for a while.

Anyway, back to Dear John. Like I was saying I read this book back before I had grown tired of Nicholas Sparks books. I actually enjoyed this book. At first I was a little disappointed with the ending, but I realized that the ending made sense for the story and characters. I'm trying hard not to include any spoilers so I wont say how the book ends but I will say that I really liked how John  changed and eventually excepted his dad for who he was.

I watched the movie last night and I thought they did a good job. I knew they had changed somethings but I read the book so long ago I really couldn't remember. I did get the book out last night to so I could remember how it ended because I knew that the movie ended differently.  I figure they must have adjusted the ending because they thought people might not like it as much if they kept the same ending as the book.  It was just a slight change and I think that the movie would have worked just as well if they kept the original ending. That being said, I still enjoyed the movie, ending and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment